Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Warmth of New Beginnings

Happy New Year (and decade),

I have been back at school now for a week and a half. God is already moving in my life. The one big area that he was worked on was my heart towards myself going into cross-cultural missions. WHAT?!?! I never thought I would be open to it. I always felt like God was calling me to Canada. Little did I know that God might change that. Well, I knew He might, but I didn't want it to happen. So, do I know if I will end up going to a people that are not my own? Let's see where this journey will take me.

God has been awesome, and granted me with some peace with an issue. It took a long time, but I now know, I need to be focused on God, before I can ask someone to step beside me in this journey called life. God has put me in a spot where I can grow, but also consider if God has placed someone in my life that would be a perfect running mate. Someone who will grow and encourage, love and help. God has made that person, I still don't know who. So I will still look for my missing rib (I know lame Bible college joke).

God Bless,
Dan Van

PS. Please pray for those in Haiti. Many have been hurt and lost anything. Pray for 2 students from Millar College of the Bible who are leaving tomorrow to go. They are going to do their intership, and it was planned a while ago. God has a plan for this all, they know this, and peace is in their heart. Please also pray for their families, that God would give them peace and know that they are fulfilling the call on their lives.

1 comment:

  1. I think dad and I always had a feeling you would be called to serve in a cross cultural mission. We are so thankful you chase hard after God. We continue to pray He will guide you! Love ya always.
    Mom
    P>S> we are also praying for the students who will be traveling to Haiti.

    ReplyDelete