Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chills Down My Spine

I dont get these to often when I am listening to music. Today while I was in the library, I got one when I was listening to Backstabber by Disciple. I have listened to this song so many times, and knew the lyrics. This time, it just kind of hit home more. Even though it is now something I can feel like I can relate to, it did not ruin my day, like it would have before. Now, I know that God put me there for a reason.

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life
I feel the new come in
As I shed my skin
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
I stand on broken chains
That held this better slave"

This is so true. I like the last line, more of the word slave. I have been working through being a slave to God, his Word, the Gospel Message, sin, friends, girlfriends, family, time, thoughts, stereotypes and many other things. Chains to some, I will hold onto, like there is no tomorrow, others need to be melted down and made into something new, something useful. God has moved me to this point, through hurt and tears, smiles and laughter, confusion and deep thought, not know where I would end up. Well I am not at the end, but at least I'm moving in the right direction.

God Bless,
Dan Van

No comments:

Post a Comment